Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Re: [computer-tech-support: 8544] Random freezing for about 10 seconds

Since the warranty conveniently ended just a few months ago I would be responsible for paying for the hd. Have to find a new computer tech because the Dell guy who sold this to me and who has taken care of my computers for the last ten years has blown me off.

How can I know for sure that it's the hd that needs replaced? Is there a test?



On Friday, December 20, 2013 1:49:20 AM UTC-6, syed wrote:
My dear friend this cuold be due to hard drive bad sectors, replace the hard drive could resolve the issue



On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 2:08 AM, Dre <dre...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have been experiencing a very annoying problem. I have a Dell Optiplex 780 with Windows 7 64-bit. This past June I reinstalled the OS to get rid of another minor problem and the new installation fixed everything. Now for the last several weeks or months- not sure exactly when it started, I have been noticing that the computer freezes up every few minutes for about 10 seconds and then things continue just fine until another freeze and so on.

A few days ago I reinstalled the OS again. Before even loading anything else on here just downloading the Windows Updates the computer was beginning to freeze again in the same way. Seems that the problem possibly stemming from any software had just been ruled out.

For the last few days I have been updating drivers and the Bios thinking that would surely stop the problem, BUT IT HAS NOT! I hardly have any software loaded on the pc at this time and I am sure that it is nothing by way of software causing this issue. I cannot figure out what is causing it though. Most of the drivers have been updated with exception to 8 that I have been unsuccessful in locating. Maybe one of them is the cause of the freezing?

Has anyone else been having this issue?

--


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Computer Tech Support" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to computer-tech-support+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to computer-tech-support@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/computer-tech-support.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment